Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ver 0.12 TBR in 16 hours. (aka Halloween Update)

 Hey guys!

I expect to finish the update sometime around 6 p.m. in my timezone. (15 hours from now)  This coming update feels like it has a little more stuff in it than the last one, which is a plus.  Still some bugs popping up though.  Some were really bad, (game-breaking) and others were minor.  Managed to find and fix the worst ones, although I didn't have time for all of them.

News about the loan.  I went to my local bank and talked with my banker.  Told them what I wanted and gave details about my current financial situation and I was told to check back a few days later. The result? - Denied.  My credit was good, but the problem was that my income amount wasn't enough to meet the debt to disposable income requirement %.  I'm not too thrilled about it.  There are still other options available, but most of them are pretty unstable.  Some of the other loan routes that my banker suggested were to possibly go to one of those "EAZY MONEY" loan places, but expect to be charged a ridiculous interest.  That is going to be a last resort, if at all.  Something else I'm going to try and see how it goes - working miscellaneous one time jobs on Craigslist.  Combine this with additional shifts from my current job, and a cut in my food budget, should work out ok.  I'm hoping that will get me through December at least.

Additional stuff.  Received some feedback about the current layout I'm using for this blog.  After this update, I plan on revamping the design.  It was already something I was planning on doing later that I never quite got to.

If I don't throw  a deadline on something, I know much won't get done, but if I do, I need to make sure there is a reasonable amount of time available.  Deadlines in general are good and bad.  Good because they make you work faster.  Bad because then you rush to slap everything together and just barely get it in a working state in time.  Finding the right balance for deadlines in this project is something I'm tinkering with so bear with me.   

Future stuff.  I feel like I really need to release more H-content.  (because right now there is almost none)  As I've said in the past, the framework for the game is still being built, but I'm getting closer and closer to where the framework is stable enough to easily add more content.  Ideally, I want Ver 0.13 to be a big push for H-content + some other small stuff.  Once that's out of the way, then Ver 0.14 will be a purely aesthetics update.  (start menu will actually have a logo, small start-up video, and music.)  During game I need to find the correct song to loop over and over that will fit the theme well...

And then once those updates are out, then Ver 0.2 will be next with some big features expected!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment