Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Update on the update


Hey everyone,





I've been without internet the past month (only iPhone) and I'm now in a free wifi area (without people nearby) so I thought I would drop a post here.

Not having online access hasn't interfered with my coding progress very much.  Other than referencing the Love2D wiki and a few other minor resources, most of what I need can be done offline. 

Though I should admit, I did recently take a break from coding to finish another project for a gaming community I'm apart of.  It took about two weeks to design a new map for a sandbox space sim game called Space Station 13. (commonly referred to as SS13)  It's a kick-ass game that is like an online Dwarf Fortress, but in space and with multiplayer.  Many crazy scenarios and interactions will play out that make the game so much different from any online game.  The community that I'm apart of (before my internet went to shit) had just opened a second server, and I volunteered to build a new map for it.  It took about two weeks but it's finished.

With the map done, focus on SQ is back to full throttle.

Currently a huge amount of code is being refactored.  Basically, everything.  I plan to put up the game's code on github with the next update, and I want to make sure it's on par with coding standards.  Some of this is code cleanup (ie. making the code readable by other people) and some of it is overhauling certain mechanics/elements of the game, such as items, NPCs, terrain, etc.

This next release will be SQ ver 0.3 both for how long it's been in development and the new content that is in the works.  New things will include:  Fetish Menu for character creation, New items, New Sex Items (that you can use with the [I]nteract), Terrain Overhaul, New NPCs, and some bonus content that I won't reveal just yet.

Now the Fetish Menu I will show off a screenshot later in the week but, I'm planning on using icons from game-icons.net and I think they will fit perfectly for what I need.
 
This menu will be in the world creation and have a list (with images) of all the different fetishes in game that you can select either as repulsion or arousal.  You start with 0 points and are neutral to all fetishes.  You acquire more points by selecting fetishes you are aroused by, and you can spend points to select fetishes you are repulsed by.

Some fetishes will be more common than others in the game world, so to offset this I plan to make the rarer fetishes give a higher bonus.  So something like 'boobs' fetish would be quite common, might yield a +- 25% bonus, where the 'vampire' fetish might be more uncommon and yield a +- 75% bonus.  Or you could just be a total slut and enable all fetishes to arousal... ;)  (I'm thinking about giving a special ability, or special item for doing so)

Anyway that's all the major news.  Hopefully once the game is up on github some of the coders who displayed interest in PMs might contribute some code if they want.  And as for an ETA on release, I'm aiming for a month for now.  Depending on how many snags I hit along the way, this could be extended.

-Codex

No comments:

Post a Comment